Friday, July 15, 2005

SUVs are the suxx0rz

Had to take car into dealer on Tuesday and they needed to keep it overnight while they waited for a part..and then another night for a second part. I got to use the $30 a day rental that comes with my extended warranty plan. The only vehicles Enterprise had were a truck (Colorado) and a SUV (Durango). I did not want the small truck because I am a tall mofo so I chose to pay a little more from my own pocket and try out the Durango. It is a very nice vehicle but with gas being at $2.25 right now for the cheap stuff I did not enjoy paying $20 for just a little over 1/4 of a tank.

Makes me want to rethink my Hummer dream. I can imagine...$100 every week on gas. Maybe after I win the lottery that will not be so bad but right now I would need to sell my body on the street corner every night. "Sucky fucky...um...er....10 bucky....no? 5 bucky? OK OK 2.50 and that is my final offer."

Ed

2 Comments:

Blogger Jase said...

As expensive as gas is right now - I don't have an SUV but my car gets around 20mpg. I fill up twice a week and it costs me about $40-45 each time (once a week) - You won't hear me complaining.

England gas prices = US gas prices x4!

x4!!! Imagine $160 to fill up your tank.

7/15/2005 11:07 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

yeah...but all they have to spend money on is ale, fish-n-chips, and more ale. :P

Ed

7/15/2005 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home