Monday, October 24, 2005

Poker fun for the whole family!

Thought it was about that time for something new in the blog I just had to start up.

Played some poker last night at the start of a new LAP season at The Lodge. A fun time was had by all and I must say that Dan did a great job in getting the Heads Up tourney put together and keeping it going like a pro tournament director.

I did ok....got to the 3rd round (or is it called the 3rd bracket?) before Zach Ballenger came back from a very crippled stack of about 18-20 in chips to take me out of the game. The worst hand for me was after he doubled up a couple times and then beat my flopped two pair (45o) with his top paired Q on the flop meeting his K kicker on the river after I put him all in. Was a nice call and he thought he had used up all his luck. He was wrong. Zach went on to beat 3 more people for the win! Ed Reese was second and I was really hoping to make it further in the tourney so I could battle it out with Ed.

Next week the regular poker tourney starts and I can not wait. The couple of games I played there at the end of last season were a blast and I am eager to start from the beginning. I think this is some of the best free poker out there and I would choose it over the APL or NPPL any day. Sign up starts at 3:30 and the game begins at 4:30 every Sunday! Come out if you live in the DFW area and show us what you got.

Ed

1 Comments:

Blogger Jase said...

"Ed Reese was second and I was really hoping to make it further in the tourney so I could battle it out with Ed"

...Sounds like you just wanted some "Eds up action". BA-dum! Tssssssh

I'll join you one day at the lodge, I promise. Was close to coming this week but it didn't work out.

10/24/2005 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home